What are the benefits of Transdermal Magnesium Therapy?
Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium Therapy?
With around 80% of all adults showing signs of magnesium deficiency or low levels of magnesium, it is important for all to discover the benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy. This is a unique form of supplementation that many experts have identified as optimal for a number of reasons. Before we start to explore the benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy, let's answer a few key questions about magnesium in general.
Why Magnesium Therapy?
Responsible for more than 300 reactions in the body, magnesium, or more accurately, deficiency of magnesium comes with an astonishingly long list of health issues. In fact, some health experts say that chronic deficiency can trigger more than twenty different health problems. This is because magnesium is needed to create energy, activate nerves and muscles, work as a precursor for neurotransmitters in the brain, it is a building block for DNA and also supports digestion. Deficiency can lead to everything from extreme depression and anxiety, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, chronic headaches, and much more. One report even said that magnesium may be the missing link between an increase in certain illnesses when tied to the widespread decline in magnesium levels in adults. With just that small amount of information, it becomes easier to see the benefits of magnesium therapy.
What Is Transdermal Magnesium Therapy?
Of course, we have already mentioned the benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy several times, and this is obviously different from regular oral supplementation. There are a few reasons that experts use to explain how transdermal magnesium is superior to oral supplementation:
- Magnesium absorption is a tricky issue. At best the body absorbs only 45% of what it consumes orally, and when other minerals are competing for absorption, it can impair magnesium from being absorbed. A diet high or low in protein causes absorption issues and any sort of digestive sensitivity can cause poor absorption
- Transdermal magnesium absorption bypasses the digestive system. This means no issues like diarrhoea or cramping, but it also means that the magnesium is sent directly to the cells and tissues rather than being broken down and often mismanaged during digestion
- Food as a form of oral supplementation is not a guarantee of overcoming deficiency. This is due to modern agricultural methods that often result in food with much lower nutrient density. Pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers deplete soils of key minerals, and this results in food with lower levels of magnesium and nutrition in general.
- Topical application is a safe and easy way to perform magnesium supplementation as it poses no risk of overdose or gastrointestinal distress, and it improves the skin while also providing some pain relief to sore muscles.
- It is faster. One medical expert says that one of the major benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy "is its potential to accelerate the process of magnesium replacement therapy. It has been shown that restoration of magnesium levels can take anywhere from six weeks to an entire year." Yet the use of topical magnesium is far faster, more comfortable and safer.
Itemizing the Other Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium Therapy
The way that transdermal magnesium therapy works is simple - it is an oil that is sprayed on the skin, and then readily absorbed. Not just any sort of magnesium will work, though and it is the magnesium chloride form that brings the different benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy.
Another of the major benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy is that it can be used, safely, as needed. For example, studies have revealed that people with healthy magnesium levels often exhibit no signs of anxiety or extreme stress. When they do experience stress, their bodies have adequate magnesium to help address the different, unseen processes occurring. Those deficient in magnesium exhibit stronger symptoms, and will struggle with chronically low magnesium because of it. Topical applications, though can be used whenever experiencing stress, enabling the body to better handle this issue.
Downunder Products specializes in transdermal magnesium products (Downunder Oil magnesium products) for those eager to discover their benefits. Able to provide safe and effective supplementation and even "spot treat" issues related to low levels of magnesium, such as pain, headache, anxiety or stress, the benefits of transdermal magnesium should not be overlooked.